Thursday, July 25, 2024

July 26

 Should be a nice day but one on which I will have to water the plants. Oh well, I will spend the next couple of hours enjoying (for the most part) my coffee. I say "for the most part" because, of course, the political news/talk shows are on which tends to raise my blood pressure and I will have to make a call to a cell phone company (which I won't name) to try to resolve a problem that has been on-going for two blasted months.

Stupidity of the day: Donald Trump trying to blast Harris for failing her bar exam. My mind stuttered because she is a LAWYER who has been a prosecutor and therefore practiced as a lawyer. To do that she had to be admitted to the bar and had to pass the exam. Well, I checked it out and found ComingSoon which clarified the matter. Yes, Harris did fail the bar exam--on her FIRST try. She shares that "distinction with 25% of the people who take the bar (information found on another site). She passed on her second try. JD Advertising listed a number of well known people who also failed their first attempts and an even more surprising number of prominent people who failed on their SECOND attempt. Given Trump's academic record of less-than-stellar performance, he is a pot that who really shouldn't be calling the kettle black. And Harris showed a nice level of self-reflection when she wrote in her autobiography that her preparation for the first attempt was the most "half-assed" effort of her life. I can't imagine the orange god admitting to anything but self-described perfection.

Update: I think the cellphone situation is resolved. I got e-mail confirmation of final payments. That is plural because there were two phones involved and each had to be done separately. I had to spend about an hour and a half on the phone through once dropped call and two transfers through the company departments. All the while every "representative" spoke English (sort of) none of them really listened. I did pat myself on my back for my restraint: I didn't swear a blue streak at top volume. It was quite an effort after the second transfer. Hopefully, the matter is done.

I did watch Biden's speech last night explaining why he was stepping out of the campaign. He showed far more grace and generosity that I would expect from any of the other politicians on the stage right now. But Biden has been noted for decades for his grace and generosity and empathy. Something else I noticed he didn't blame anyone and he didn't whine about how shabbily he was being treated. In other words, he was an adult. Quite a contrast with the 77-year-old going on 7 who is the other party's nominee.

No comments: