Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Good Morning, Everyone.  Right now we are buried under 12+ inches of new snow and it has not yet ended.  We are expected to get some sun today later but temps won't go above 20.  The weather person today said she didn't know how often this winter she predicted that the high temperature wouldn't go above the normal lows for the day.  I can say that I have never spent so much time in my winter sweats plus turtlenecks--ever.  I will have to renew some library books today on line because I have no intention of going outside till tomorrow when we are supposed to have sun and break the freezing mark.

The peanut recall simply gets bigger and bigger all the time.  I watch it because I don't want to inadvertently poison my cats.  This poor guy did exactly that by giving his dog a treat of peanut butter crackers.  If the company doesn't go belly up it should be shut down permanently and the people running it should face charges.

Fran, aka Redondowriter, had a link to a survey that determines what kind of reader one is.  My survey yielded these results

What Kind of Reader Are You?
Your Result: Dedicated Reader

You are always trying to find the time to get back to your book. You are convinced that the world would be a much better place if only everyone read more.

Obsessive-Compulsive Bookworm
Literate Good Citizen
Book Snob
Fad Reader
Non-Reader
What Kind of Reader Are You?
Quiz Created on GoToQuiz


Lately, I have used the public library more.  I simply can't afford to buy books like I once did and I am unwilling to give them up.  Here is the link to the quiz if you would like to take it yourself.

Do you ever wonder why in the hell some stories get the coverage they do while others don't even make a blip?  I have been wondering that about the Michael Phelps story.  I also wonder if that jackass who is threatening to file charges would do so it it weren't Michael Phelps caught in a picture with a bong.  I think William Wolfrum at Shakesville puts the matter just about right.  I seem to be asking the same questions often lately regarding the criminal 'justice' system.  Would X have been charged if s/he hadn't been newsworthy?  Would Y have gotten a different verdict if s/he hadn't had the money for a pricey lawyer?  Why the hell did Z News devote so much time to such a miniscule matter?  


No comments: