Monday, October 4, 2010

Good morning, again, to everyone. We saw frost on the roofs this morning for the first time in a long while. No hard freeze though so the gardens are still flourishing--the plants that are left, that is. Since the temps over the week are supposed to get into the mid 70s for highs I don't think we will have a killing frost soon.

HuffingtonPost carried this link to a Washington Post story. My reaction--how terribly obscene. But then sweetheart deals between the U.S. government and major companies usually are.

Stephen Salisbury published a guest post on Tomdispatch this morning that shows a different obscenity in modern American life but ties into the theme of sweetheart deals between governments and big companies. Interesting how the 'government of the people, by the people, and for the people' acts most often to protect corporate interests against the interests of the people. And how much the interests of the government have diverged from those of its supposed constituency.

1 comment:

Looking to the Stars said...

Big business runs everything, they may even be the power behind the throne. Bush Jr. & Cheney are here in Colo. Spgs. this week. They are guests speakers at a Insurance confrence (lol) go figure :)

It's getting cooler in the evening here also but haven't seen any frost. I'm ready for the cooler weather.

Bought Budo's book, its very good. I'm enjoying it very much. Tho, I'm not use to reading a book on my computer. I'm used to curling up on my couch with a hot cup of tea (lol)

take care :)