Saturday, January 12, 2013

Good Saturday to you all.  I decided to be lazy yesterday and didn't do much.  I may not do much today either. We'll see.

At times I am absolutely dumbfounded by the kind of idiocy I read about.  I found this originally on NBC.com but followed it to the source because I couldn't quite believe it.  Well here it is from the Chicago Tribune.  Why in the world a parent would get so bent out of shape because some kindergartners made a mistake or two in reciting the Pledge of Allegiance that they would use inappropriate language and behave so threateningly that school officials would call for police, I have no Idea.  Has this country gone permanently insane??

David Kaisrer at History Unfolding has some interesting comments on a topic that illuminates another aspect of our cultural insanity: integrity.  We have lost our integrity at the same time we have lost any sense of proportion and any manners or simple courtesy we ever had.

1 comment:

Kay Dennison said...

Go ahead!!! Take a day off now & then!!!

Anyone who expects 5-year old to be letter perfect on the pledge has never seen a 5-year old. And yes, this country has gone insane.

Mr. Kaiser is right on!!!! I've ranted on this more than once.