Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Good Tuesday to you all.  I was lazy yesterday.  We did our errands and that was about all either of us wanted to do.  And I didn't see much worth commenting about.  Let's see what is our there today.

Here is an amusing entry in the 'Corporations-As-Persons' file.

I don't know if this is daredevilry or idiocy--certainly not something I would dream (or hallucinate) about trying.  I thought the picture of the peppers showed bhut jolokia and I was right although the story labeled them as naga.  I looked it up and the peppers are also known as naga bhut jolokia and ghost pepper among other names.  Last I heard it is the second hottest pepper with the Trinidad scorpion being recently crowned the hottest.  I noticed several of the seed companies carry the seeds of both but I won't grow them.  Every few years I will plant a cayenne but only when we run out of our chili mix.

I love reading Dmitri Orlov's blog.  He always has an interesting take on things that make me take a long moment and think it though.  This one is particularly good in light of the latest Russia/U.S. diplomatic fracas over alleged Russian "human rights violators" and American prospective parents of Russian orphans.

Undernews posted this piece which I put in the 'Oh, S--T' file.  Hope this isn't a sign of things to come.

No comments: