Sunday, February 15, 2015

Brutal cold has arrived.  Woke to temps just around 0F--some areas slightly below and some very slightly above.  I have rarely seen winds as strong as we had yesterday.  I had to bring the bird feeder inside so it wouldn't get blown off the shelf it was on in the frame of the mini-greenhouse.  We still have some lake-effect snow falling here.

According to the news this morning we have a new housing trend blighting the landscape: giga mansions.  I won't link to the stories I found on a quick Google search.  The story cited houses with 70k-90k sq ft.  Some billionaires are buying mega mansions just to tear them down to build the larger giga mansion.  Oh well, I guess if you have it, you feel the need to flaunt it.  I simply call it more money that brains.

No comments: