Friday, December 9, 2016

Monday--

And a snowy one it is. We did get our first measurable snow yesterday along with an hour-and-a-half blackout.

Ah, someone says exactly what I feel about the recent election!!

Tuesday--

I like that word "Commercialmass." Anyone who has visited this blog in past years at this time know how little I like the commercialization of this (and other holidays).

John Feffer has a post on Englehardt's Tomdispatch site that is a take off on his Splinterlands novel. I am waiting for my copy to come in at my local bookstore.

Wednesday--

Most of the snow we got Sunday has melted. The temperatures rose higher than the weather people expected.

An interesting counterpoint to this story: our local grocery store took out its "self-service" lanes and put back the two regular checkout lanes they removed three or four years ago to make way the cashier-less stations. We rarely used them preferring to chat with the cashiers who rang up our sales. We like that human contact. I don't think a totally cashless store would fly here--certainly not for us. Also we don't use "smart" phones and we like the paper receipts.

Thursday--

And excellent summary by Nomi Prins of how the Bully-elect's administration is shaping up: of the billionaires, by the billionaires, and for the billionaires.

Friday--nothing much out there today.

No comments: