Friday, December 23, 2016

Monday--

Well, another Monday and December is nearly 2/3 finished. I am so ready for this year to end but I am not looking forward to the next with anything like hopeful anticipation. At least not on the political/social/economic front. I am always hopeful about the gardens and the little projects I have going. The temperature outside is -12 with a windchill making it feel like -24. Thankfully I don't have to be out in it. We have a thick blanket of snow over everything on the patio except the path to the gate and the garbage tote. The weather people predict a stretch of about 5 days with temperatures at or above freezing so some of it may melt before the next round. However, those forecasts change each day.

Happy story!! Library cat 1/idiot councilman 0.

According to Charles Hugh Smith's questionnaire I am a Deplorable. He notes you don't have to be white to be such. And, since I didn't support the Repthuglican nominee but I do agree with all of the statements with a bit of an amendment on one, I guess you don't have to be one of them either.

Tuesday--

Nothing much I wanted to link to or comment on. I spent a good bit of time winding embroidery thread onto bobbins. That is part of my effort to both clean up the sewing/craft area and find out what is where. I don't know how often I couldn't find something I knew I had and bought another--only to find the original later.

Wednesday--
Happy Solstice and Welcome to (meteorological) winter.

We had a more complicated shopping trip than usual. I needed more bobbins which meant a trip to Michaels. I needed to return a nook cover which I thought would fit but didn't so we needed to stop by Barnes & Noble. And so it went--several small stops culminating in the grocery store. Nothing much else got done.

Thursday--

Tom Englehardt on the possibility the Trump administration will make us wish for 1984.

Friday--

Was quite warm yesterday and we are supposed to have above normal temps for the next ten days. I wonder how much of the snow will melt.

No comments: