Monday, January 11, 2010

Hello, everyone. It is still snowing here. It is supposed to stop but they promised that before. I don't think we have had a single full day free of snow since Christmas. They (the weather people) have also promised us a couple of days this week above freezing. We'll see.

I found this little item to be filed in the 'Move Your Money' or 'When Will These Guys Get a Clue' folders. I think the key conclusion is that although Citi and other mega banks a too big to fail (at least in the judgement of our political and financial leaders), they are also too big to succeed. They are simply so big the right hand simply doesn't know what the left is doing.

Robert Reich has a nice post on the probable results if the Senate's plan for paying for the health care reform plan (IF they can actually get a reconciled bill out of the joint committee. The Senate want's to impose a 40% excise tax on what they call 'Cadillac' plans. The key here is that the definition rests on the cost of the plan not what the plan provides. I have the nightmare vision of a female nurse who pays a higher premium for her basic service plan (because of she risks of getting pregnant or contracting a job related health problems) getting hit with this additional tax because.

2 comments:

Looking to the Stars said...

Wow, still snowing, bummer! How are your kittys doing? My dogs would be driving me nuts if it was still snowing here. It got up to 51 today and the sun came out for most of the day.

Facebook is driving me nuts, tried to get to a few of my games and the screen went blank on each one of them and booted me to my gateway page UGH! I am going to try Castleage one more time tonite and that's it.

take care

Kay Dennison said...

I'm praying for Spring!!!!!!

What we really need is some new politicians who want to do their jobs right but there I go thinking again . . . sigh.