Saturday, June 25, 2011

Good morning, everyone. We have clear skies, bright sun, and the temps are supposed to go into the low 80s. The temps were cool enough yesterday that we kept the doors closed. Kuma was totally bummed out because he couldn't go outside at will. Since I didn't do anything in the gardens, I poured candles. I have a bunch of candle containers that I have to melt the used wax out of and clean up. I want to reduce the number of those things I have around.

Well, the New York legislature has approved and Gov. Cuomo has signed the bill to allow same-sex marriage. Of course, the issue won't end there as challenges come out of the woodwork. I have a solution: reserve the term 'marriage' for religiously sanctioned unions and make 'civil unions' the term for unions sanctioned by law. Give the partners of civil unions (whether same-sex or heterosexual) all the rights married couples now enjoy.

1 comment:

Kay Dennison said...

I like your solutions -- they make sense and would be great if certain factions weren't (Lord! How I hate this term but it's the only one that fits)so batsh*t crazy and obstructive.