Monday, June 13, 2011

Good morning to you all on this cloudy (at the moment) and cool Monday. The clouds are supposed to clear off but the cool temp will remain. The highs are supposed to soar--into the high 60s. That is where it topped out yesterday. Oh, well!!

I haven't been able to wear my contact lenses since December. When I tried to put them in my eyes burned and itched intolerably. I tried them a little more than a month ago and the same result. I had almost resigned myself to going back to glasses permanently but decided to try again this morning. I was surprised to get them in without the least discomfort. Has anyone else had such an experience with contacts? I think I will limit the time each day I wear them for a while. I used to put them in as soon as I woke and took them out just before I went to bed. Maybe only 8 hours from now on.

Susie Madrak has a nice bit this morning on the NIH decision to list formaldehyde as a carcinogen. I found it just after the CNN news carried a bit of a story that indicated some of the products that might expose consumers to the chemical. But they made no mention of David Koch, Georgia Pacific, or his position on the NIH Cancer Board of that the decision came only after he had left the board.

No comments: