Monday, October 26, 2015

Monday--

A bit tired right now. We did our regular shopping today and added a couple of stops. We didn't need much in the way of groceries but Mom's ear buds copped out on her so we picked up a new set and the new Jurassic Park DVD. I started cleaning up one of my garden tubs and found a fairly large hole in it so we thought about a replacement and decided to get a couple of round ones instead. I am glad we got two because they each hold just a bit more than half of what was in the old one. I spent a couple of hours digging the soil out, transferring it to the two pots and putting the pots in their places--their places for now. That may change next year.  Things always change next year. Hell, they change mid way through the season.

I saw this on the news this morning. We like our bacon and ham so the WHO can go fly a kite.  We don't eat a lot of it and we got away from things like bologna because it simply doesn't taste as good as it once did. At my age "carcinogenic" simply doesn't scare me and adding a few months or a year or two by foregoing simple pleasure doesn't seem like a good trade off.

No comments: