Sunday, September 4, 2016


Friday--

It was nice and cool yesterday. We had the doors and window open and I got peppermint and spearmint cut and dried. Also planted the mums and moved a few things around. Lavender and lemon balm are on the agenda today.  Maybe I will even tackle that mess in the tomatoes.  The gardening season is winding down slowly.

Sunday--

I have been under the weather since late on Friday. Not much good at all. I hope whatever it was is passing. I sat in my easy chair and alternately read and slept all day.

I should get out and do some clean-up in the gardens but I don't know if I am quite that much recovered.

I saw that inane comment by that Latino Trump supporter about how we will have taco trucks on every corner if Hilary is elected. My first reaction: So?? I like tacos. I also like carne asada, and carnitas and chilis rellenos also. A proliferation of taco trucks just doesn't seem like a very dire threat. For the record I also like kielbasa, sauerkraut, pizza, spaghetti, spring rolls--I could go on but I think that makes my point. We are a tossed salad of a country affected by influences from all around the world.

I saw another headline that elicited a "So what?" It was something about Hilary socializing with the ultra wealthy. I didn't go into the article. It simply doesn't matter. Hilary may hobnob with the ultra wealthy but Trump is (at least according to himself) ultra wealthy. Six of one, half a dozen of the other.

No comments: