Saturday, September 9, 2017

Sunny today though cool. Time to get out in the gardens again.

Found this at Mendocino Humanist. Too often, in my view, requests for prayer are too much like telling military people "Thank you for your service." Unless you do something at the same time you are praying or expressing your gratitude, it is meaningless. Gratitude and prayer are often worth their weight in gold.

Ronni Bennett at Time Goes By had a post on the advantages of growing old. I found myself nodding my head both throughout her post and through the comments. Many struck a chord. My own--somewhat abbreviated--list: simplified wardrobe (no dresses, suits, or skirts--hope never to wear any of that again--and NO pantyhose); simplified "personal" care (no haircuts/perms/curlers--no makeup); I read what I want to read/watch as long as I want to read/watch it (I no longer feel the need to finish a book/movie that fails to interest me); no alarm clock and no fixed schedule but plenty of time for what I want to do. Oh, yes--there are plenty of advantages to growing older.

I cleared the first of my two plant towers. Took cuttings of lemon mint, orange mint, thai basil to (hopefully) root over winter. If they don't make it I will try to find more plants next spring. I transplanted the Greek oregano and the "hot & spicy"oregano and put the pots upstairs under the lights. The rest I dumped and stacked the tiers with their drain pan for nest spring. That was a bit of work so I quit for the day after getting the two rosemaries well watered and drained.

No comments: