Saturday, September 2, 2017

Very cool last night--only 47F. I brought the hibiscus in and placed it in what I hop will be its winter home. I have to repot the lemon verbena and stake it. Some repair work our landlords did on the outside of the building rattled the wall and one of my framed diplomas fell on it. The glass didn't break (thank you, Gods) and I didn't see anything broken on the plant in the cursory look I gave it before going to bed. I harvested five lovely eggplants and will pull the plant either today or tomorrow. Mom put up six package in the freezer--three breaded and ready for frying, and three plain and ready for anything we want to do with them. I have had a good year for eggplant.

Lemon verbena transplanted, trimmed and staked. One of the sources I read says it doesn't like to have its roots disturbed and tends to drop its leaves when transplanted. I hope I didn't disturb it too much but if it does loose leaves I won't be as quick to think it dead as I had been. I also trimmed back my large rosemary to try to encourage it to grow up instead of out. I also tied it so that the stems are closer together. The trimmings are drying now. Can't waste something as good as home grown rosemary and lemon verbena.

No comments: