Wednesday, March 28, 2018

Cool this morning but we should hit mid to high 50s. I will see what I can clean up outside today. I should have soaked my malabar spinach seeds overnight but forgot so I will soak them tonight and start them tomorrow. We should have rain tomorrow and regularly for the next two weeks so I will have to take the good day here and there to work on the patio. Still a bit too cool but the soil in the containers was thawed enough to take out the shepherd's hooks. I had an idea of how I might arrange them outside the fence but nothing worked. I will try them in the five-gallon buckets this year. We didn't get much sun (so far) and rain is supposed to move in tonight and tomorrow. My next clear day is Friday.

I saw this almost first off this morning. Packaging seems to be the biggest part of our throw-aways. We carry our canvass bags unless we need small trash bags for the cats' box. During the summer when the farm market is open I recycle small supermarket bags I take with me for whatever I buy there. If all our stores went bagless we would shift to lunch-size paper bags for both the cats' box and grocery shopping. And smooth out and reuse the ones we use for grocery shopping.

Mom saw a reference to a similar story and I found this on Task and Purpose. Craptastic!! Now we know why the military was so favored in the spending bill that he says he signed under protest.

No comments: