Friday, March 2, 2018

It turned brightly sunny but quite cold. The weather report said it is 38F but it feels much cooler to me on the patio in the shadow of the house. The hibiscus seems to love the stronger light where it sits in the south window. So does the rosemary sitting next to it. Both are showing vigorous new growth. I don't expect much on the patio because it will be in shade until the solstice when the sun will reflect off the fence.We will get some reflected light sooner when the north east and north west corners get light early morning and late afternoon respectively.

The only bit of clean up I did today involved taking apart 2 pillows and unraveling the crochet work on the covers. I hate wasting thread or yarn so I recycle when I can. Those particular pieces of crochet started out as a bedspread but before I finished the bed I intended it for was gone and replaced by a much larger one. I continued just planning for more motif squares but was stymied by a divorce which took all my enthusiasm for that project (and a quilt) away. Bit of each have found their ways into other projects with plenty left for others also.

If this is the way trade policy is made we are in deep....trouble. While reading this article I described #45 as "petulant" and Mom questioned the descriptor. I told her that "bat-shit crazy" was more like what I had in mind but was trying to be somewhat polite.

No comments: