Tuesday, June 20, 2023

June 20

 Well another sunny day. I have several herbs that need cutting so the dehydrator will be busy. I already have dinner ready since it is mostly left overs from yesterday so I will do up some barbecue beef for sandwiches tomorrow. The sky still has that orangish tinge to mar the blue. It is interesting that we seem to have gotten use to--sorta. Although when I look at the Weather Channel they have a persistent air quality warning posted. Fox Weather has a "smoke tracker" showing where the weather systems will push the smoke from the Canadian fires which are still burning. I don't expect those will really end until snow flies and may not then if the snow is scanty this year.

I have been reading a history of the Tea Pot Dome scandal during the Harding Administration and I have to take it in small doses. It rhymes too well with our last few years. I think this quote from El Gato Malo expresses the situation very well.

gato’s law:

“as soon as you allow politicians to determine that which is bought or sold, the first thing bought and sold will always be politicians.”

The major difference between that time and The Former Guy's term is they were so much more organized in their pillaging than TFG. It is also obvious that those who are much closer to the decision on what is bought and sold, businessmen for instance, are no more trustworthy. And when "businessmen" become politicians we get the worst of both.

I think I have wondered on this blog how long insurance would be affordable and for whom. GZero has a post that summarizes the situation very neatly. No one has said anything about insurance in Tornado Alley. Over the years I have heard about rising rates in hurricane prone areas. How long before most people can't afford any kind of insurance.

No comments: