Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Hello, All. All I can say is 'blast' and sorry the link didn't work. (It evidently is not your computer, Lois.) It looks like I will have to go back to checking them out before leaving the blog. I don't know how much blogging I will get done today since we are doing laundry and some seasonal and other cleaning up. We take our curtains down twice a year to be washed--when we put the plastic over the windows and when we take the plastic off. It is time to do the latter.

I found this little item on HuffingtonPost this morning. So mortgage contracts (and other loans) are sacred. Unfortunately, I have watched as, over the last 25 years or so, a number of contracts have been abrogated. I don't know how many times I have heard of companies skipping out on workers to whom they owed wages. That is also a contract--the worker provides labor at a specified rate for a specified number of hours and the company agrees to pay them--unless of course the company declares bankruptcy which puts the workers at the end of the line to get paid with the other 'unsecured creditors.' Almost every one of the big companies have forced the labor unions to agree to changes in the 'contract' and, I am sorry if I am a bit old fashioned, but agreements gained under threat are not morally defensible. Nor are agreements gained by fraud and all too many of the mortgages written at the height of the boom were fraudulent often on the part of the lender.

1 comment:

Kay Dennison said...

It's okay! I went looking for it.

J.P. Morgan et al were only too let Obama et al bail them out but are too damned greedy to help some poor soul who they already stole too much from. Nice. NOT!