Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Good day after the election, Everyone.  I feel much better with the end of the campaigns, the end of the non-stop campaign commercials, and with Obama's re-election.  I said all along that I wasn't voting for CEO-in-Chief, Chameleon-in-Chief, or Liar-in-Chief.  I didn't care for the notion of a president who would serve me up as Hors d'Oeuvres to the Koch brothers or any of the other 1%.  Nor am I a devotee of the 'trickle down' theory of economics.  All too often what trickles down is something no one really wants and I don't care to be pissed on by the banksters.  I don't know what to expect from a second Obama term (as I said before) but that uncertainty is more acceptable than the dread of a Romney term.

Actually, I have some idea of what to expect.  This op-ed in Der Spiegel describes the current American political/economic condition rather accurately.  I thought for some time that Americans had to decide, first, what we wanted to do and, second, whether there is a 'we' to do it.  Obama's first term didn't really answer either question and I don't expect the second will either.  The commentary on our fractured society last night during the election coverage made that quite clear.

Robert Reich echoes some of my thoughts on this election cycle and underlines the comment I made just above.

1 comment:

Annie*s Granny said...

Thank heavens it's over. I'm happy with the outcome. I'd much rather rather have a trier than a liar as my president.

Thank you for introducing me to Margaret and Helen. I roared with laughter at the latest blog post about Mitch McConnell. My sentiments, exactly!