Sunday, May 3, 2015

Saturday--

Very mild to start with temps in the mid 50s right now--a little after 5am.  Highs expected to go into the high 70s.  Now lows below 50 for the week so I will move all my little tomatoes into the little greenhouse and get some more cultivating in the beds.

This is absolutely insane--and totally irresponsible.

Sunday--

Lovely day yesterday and should be the same for most of today.  Rain is supposed to come in later today.  I put most of my tomatoes in the mini-greenhouse as planned--along with the Moldavian balm, summer savory, and mustard.  I also cleaned up the patio--sweeping off the discarded bird seed and setting up the new feeder, cleaning out a couple of pots and the plant tower.  Also transplanted the new blueberry which looks happy in its new pot.  Planning when to start putting out transplants and where.

I wonder when someone will draw the parallels between this idiocy and the Enclosure Movement in England. Unfortunately, I don't think the sudden windfall for which ever of the wealthiest will fuel a new industrial revolution.  Or revitalize the old one. At bottom is a philosophy of rampant individualism which declares that there are no communities just resources individuals can appropriate by any means and exploit to what ever end and whose ever detriment.

No comments: