Friday, May 27, 2016

Thursday--

It feels like we have gone from March to July in a single week. The temps hit the high 70s and low 80s around here. Then the thunderstorms moved in. Thankfully (yet again) the worst weather passed us. But for a few minutes the scene outside resembled films I have seen of monsoonal rains in places where the monsoons have failed in recent years. It is like someone redirected those rains. Nothing here damaged from what I can see from our windows--we haven't stepped outside yet.

Update: I have stepped outside and everything is fine. I saw some cucumbers, beans and peas starting to sprout. It is a hazy day and I don't expect to water later especially if we get more rain.

I saw a cute graphic on the Musings of an Archdruidess today. I won't link because it was all text which read: Cataract is the third biggest cause of blindness today. Religion and politics remain the first and second. So true.

Friday--

Well, we didn't get the rain though the skies at one point threatened. We have more rolling showers and possible thunderstorms today.

Welcome to the new world of antibiotic resistance. Or perhaps I should say "Welcome to the hype on antibiotic resistance." This article is a more reasoned and detailed account. Shows why we should have several sources of news. Especially those that don't hype it to the stratosphere.

No comments: