Friday, July 20, 2018

Friday July 20

I have a dehydrator full of spearmint but I don't know whether I will get any more harvesting done today. The weather predictions say we will have scattered thundershowers. I also transplanted some of the strawberries into a different pot and trimmed the beetle damaged leaves. I have a few more to do. The hibiscus cutting I took last fall from the plant that is blooming now is in a new, slightly larger pot and showing nice new growth. I hope the weather is a bit wrong and we have some dry patches because if we have rain all weekend my gardens will look like mini-jungles.

It is now just after noon and no showers yet. I cut lemon verbena, sweet basil, and bee balm all now in the dehydrator. The spearmint is chopped and in its jar ready for tea. I also put a handful of small, ugly strawberries in the dehydrator. They will also be chopped for tea.


No comments: