Monday, July 9, 2018

It has been a "hurry up and wait" kind of day. I hurried through my chores (grinding the herbs in the dehydrator and then harvesting more to load into the machine) and now we are waiting for the new freezer. We lost our effort to save what we had and threw most of it out. Damn. And damn Sears. First the Kenmore freezer goes out and is only six years old. Then they can't get a "technician" out her to diagnose the problem (not to fix it) for a week. Then we would have had to make another appointment for god only know when to actually fix the damned thing. Needless to say we won't deal with Sears again. Anyone care to guess why Sears is in trouble? I can sure tell them.

Right now my patio is all moved around to make sure the people who deliver the freezer can get in easily. I really hat to think of what our trash tote will smell like come Wednesday when we have trash pick up. I think (I hope!!) the season for the Japanese beetles is has peaked. I didn't squash nearly as many bugs as I have the past week or so. I hope the the basils and other plants they have munched on recover to thrive for the rest of the season.

The cats gave us a bit of a worry. Normally they eat their dry food well and love their canned food treat which is a minor part of their diet. Lately Candy has rejected her wet food  and, over the last few day neither she nor Leena ate their dry food. I think part of the problem was the heat we had for almost a month. But the other is the indoor cat food formulas. Neither cat will eat it. We won't be buying any more. Any one have similar problems?

Englehardt has an interesting take on the "addictions" problem in the U.S. And, yes, he did talk about plural addictions. We have never had one of the addictions here but avoiding one manifestation of it is difficult.

You might not be too concerned that a thuggish regime (N. Korea) would accuse the U.S. government of being gangsterish. However, this is a bit more concerning--a good bit. All for the benefit of Nestle and other purveyors of baby formula.

No comments: