Friday, April 3, 2009

Good Morning, all.  Yesterday was better expected.  The temperature was warm enough to open the front and back doors though not warm enough to raise the glass portion of the screen/storm door and let the breeze really blow through.  Kuma loved it and spent a good bit of time outside on the patio (which has a 6 ft fence around it).  His little adventure hasn't dampened his enthusiasm for going out.  Too bad.

My seedlings are, for the most part, doing nicely.  They have been slow to germinate because we keep the house at 68 degrees and we aren't using grow lights.  Mom thinks we can rig lights easily enough if we want to.  I found that the egg cartons make very nice starter trays and they keep the plants very moist.  I don't have to water nearly as much as I thought I would.  I think next year I won't start the seeds until mid March, unless the plastic works out very well I still won't be able to plant anything until mid-May anyway.

I am starting on two new quilts today.  My former boss wants a pair of baby quilts for her new grandchild due in early May.  We picked out the fabrics yesterday and picked up all the supplies I will need.

1 comment:

Looking to the Stars said...

I love that spring is here, or really just coming to my small part of the world :)