Monday, August 1, 2011

Good morning to you all on this first day of August. We expect highs in the low 90s with enough humidity to push the heat index into the low 100s. I did not get the lemon balm done yesterday. That energy you noticed, Kay? Well as the old saying goes my get up and go got up and went. I did manage to get the watering done, fertilized the large containers and put a little cheese cloth hammock under the largest melon to take the stress off the stem. That one should start turning red soon. I found several new cucumbers developing so the work the bees have been doing is having good results.

I haven't had much to say about the political mess and don't have much to say even though the pundits and politicians are so optimistic about the deal the leaders have worked out. It hasn't been voted on yet. And the 'solution' to the debt limit 'crisis' doesn't even begin to address some of the larger issues facing our political/economic condition. Read this item if you are at all optimistic just because the politicians have forged an at-best temporary solution.


3 comments:

Kay Dennison said...

I saw Boehner's name in connection with the so-called compromise and just knew that it wouldn't help much. My only (feeble) hope is that the progressives can get some legislation on the table that actually helps us ordinary mortals.

Looking to the Stars said...

Happy 1st day of August to you :)

Looks like you are going to have a hot one. We are having a hot one today too. Your garden sounds like its coming along nicely :)

take care

Snowbrush said...

I wrote, and it disappeared. Something about my new computer doing this weird thing that I can't begin to figure out. Oh, well, it was long, and I don't have time to redo it, so for now....