Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Good morning to you all.  There wasn't much to say yesterday.  Let's see what I find today.

Well, I checked the lemon verbena yesterday.  It has been going down hill rapidly over the last week.  I don't know why but the root system was dying.  The soil was moist so I don't think it was the watering.  My books say it likes moist soil.  I will have to do some research.  Next year I will start with a new plant and try the process again.  Everything else is still doing well.

They had a bit of a story this morning about a Target employee who has started an on-line petition against Target's plans to open at midnight on Black Friday.  I totally agree but I doubt my agreement will do much.  I don't shop on the Friday after Thanksgiving.  In fact, I don't shop the whole weekend.  Nor do I shop on Christmas Eve.  I hate crowds and, having spent way too much time in retail, I seriously question the veracity of the 'sales.' And I absolutely hate how our holidays have degenerated into sales opportunities.

Another story rather irritated me.  Some perky financial reporter gushed about the fact that 2 states posted unemployment rates that matched pre-recession levels and the at the others could expect to reach that mile stone by 2012.  We are supposed to be happy that in five more years we might get back to about a 5% unemployment rate??  That, of course, assumes that Europe doesn't go any further down the sewer and drag us with it.

One of the last of the Munchkins from the 1939 Wizard of Oz has died at the grand old age of 93.

No comments: