Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Good Monday, Everyone.  It looks like we will get sun today.  Good!!  I feel like we haven't seen the sun in a month or more though I know that isn't so.  Temperatures are predicted to get into the low 40s today before more normal temperatures (30s) reappear.  I am so ready for spring.

We did not watch the Stat of the (Dis)Union last night.  The dogs at Westminster were far more interesting.  One of the teasers on the news asked what we would hear in the SOTU as if he could answer before the fact.  I answered 'Words.'  I expect very little action and much that will be managed will do me no good.  It may even do me harm.  Let's see what is on the 'net.

We can add some kidney cancers to the list of cancers that may not need aggressive treatment from the outset.  Evidently, for older patients with small kidney cancers, aggressive surgery may cause more problems than it will cure.

We shifted away from our local news programing (and its national companion) early this morning.  The utterly hyped presentation of the (possible) end of the Dorner situation in California turned our stomachs.  They treated the situation as though it was some kind of sporting event with blow-by-blow, or play-by-play, or bullet-by-bullet commentary.  Infotainment with the emphasis on the '-tainment.'


No comments: