Sunday, March 9, 2014

So, we had a "good" jobs report for last month.  That's nice.  But, perhaps, we should read this before we celebrate.

*********************************************************************************

Well, here it is.  One of my two least favorite days of the year.  Daylight savings starts and it will take a week for my system to fully adjust.  I really wish they would set the time and leave it.  I think it is a bit of an anachronism given our 24/7 society.

I remember when the pundits foresaw a "paperless" office.  We haven't got it yet and I for one am glad.  We have gone pretty much the way this author has.  Our bills come via e-mail and we pay them on line.  We have automatic deposits.  But the paper hasn't gone away--and won't.  I prefer physical books to my e-reader--they are easier on my eyes.  I like hard copies of needlework patterns and recipes.  They are easier to juggle with what ever I am working on.  And I don't have to worry about what would happen to all my electronically stored info if the power goes out for a day (or a week or two.)  Technology always has its advantages and its drawbacks.

I have seen several articles concerning exactly who the Kiev snipers were and what their affiliations may have been.  Some writers take for granted they were deployed by the Yanukovych government; others by the opposition to discredit the Yanukovych further.  The author of this notes that no one really knows.  I wish I could believe that our government knows and is backing the right horse here but I don't.

No comments: