Saturday, October 11, 2014

Saturday.

Cool today.  Starting off in the high 30s with projected highs should be in the mid to high 50s.  My get-up-an-go did come home yesterday.  I have stevia and lemon balm in the dehydrator to be ground later.  I emptied my long planter for the season.  Usually I don't do that until spring when I add compost and fertilizer to it but I plan to move it to a new place next spring.  All the empty pots are stored in the shed now and I took the cover off the mini-greenhouse for the season.  I hoped that I could extend the useful life of the plastic by using it spring through fall and not subjecting it to freezing in the winter.  I don't think that will work.  The metal frame got hot enough that the plastic softened and stuck to the frame.  I got it off but found weak spots.  Next spring I plan to wrap the frame where the top comes in contact withe cover with cloth to, hopefully, prevent that.

Another sign of the changing seasons--frost on the rooftops.  I really am not ready for it--but I guess it is coming anyway.

Yet another example of why I won't vote for any Republican in the coming election.  I don't particularly like many of the Democrats but I loath Republicans blackmailers

And then we have the congenitally stupid.  They have taken old "Tailgunner" Joe's tactic and put it on steroids.  If you lie big enough, loud enough and long enough, some idiots out there will believe you.

No comments: