Wednesday, January 17, 2018

Only 7* this morning but a warm-up should be coming in. We had quite a bit of lake-effect snow but it won't last long with temps supposed to reach mid 30s and low 40s over the next ten days.

Well, the vultures are looking out for the vultures. We have a thoroughly predatory economy.

Still trying to get the craft/sewing section of the sewing/plant/storage room straightened out. I decided I need to simplify so stuff I know I won't use is going out. I had a small stock of eyelash and fake fur yarn I used for several projects over the last decade or so but won't use again. I really hate crocheting with it and don't intend to do any embellishment with it on any future pieces. I also got rid of the strips I cut from plastic bags. I crocheted a couple of items with some but with two new cats and a litter box to clean each day we have a different use for those plastic bags which we also get in far fewer numbers because we are pretty good about remembering to take our reusable canvas bags with us shopping. I am almost finished with another doily and plan to make a couple of pads our cats might like to lay on. They sure like the crocheted place mats we have for the table. A few years ago, when I visited needlework blogs, writers were talking about SEX (Stash Enhancement eXperience) and the, a bit later, SABLE (Stash Acquired Beyond Live Expectancy). I have been at the last stage for some time and Stash Enhancement provides much less bliss nowadays. It is time to use it down and hope to get it as near to 0 as I can before I expire.

As one who has spent far too much time in higher education as a student, graduate student, research assistant teaching assistant, and adjunct teacher I agree totally with this piece.

The US isn't alone in its misery. It is interesting how the author traces all the zombie ideas and policies back to Thatcher while over here we trace them back to Ronnie (the Great) Reagan and they were such pals.

No comments: