Thursday, January 4, 2018

We had snow most of yesterday but it wasn't the blizzard lake effect snows can be. We should get more this morning. At least we aren't getting that "bomb" cyclone the east coast is experiencing. And the cold is moderating (a bit) and will get to an almost balmy 32* by Sunday--or so the weather people say.

I started a couple of days ago making the starter pots from the cardboard cores of toilet paper and paper towels. I will continue that today. I have quite a nice lot of the tubes to alter and plenty of time to work on them. The biggest problem is convincing the cats to leave them alone as I work.

I finished a new crocheted doily over the last weekend which I need to stretch and starch along with two others we washed. I started another which is building nicely. Again my main problem are the cats who think I should share my toys.

A good start on a series concerning the American healthcare (or, as some call it, "sickcare") industry.

All kinds of weird things with the computer today. One of the cats walked across the keyboard and changed the size of the image on my screen. I couldn't read anything or effectively navigate when the image greatly exceeded the screen boundary. I still have no idea how she did that but it took me a good 45 minutes swearing all the while to figure out a way to return the image to its proper size. Then I tried to log back into my e-mail account and the shift key wouldn't work. Hard to type out an address when the computer won't print @. Well, finally everything is back to normal--for now.

No comments: