Saturday, January 27, 2018

This is the best answer to the male attitude that women exist only to make sure they are fed. I will excuse my cats' notion that I exist to make sure they are fed and their box is clean. They don't have thumbs and can't read a cook book. Besides they are warm and cuddly and purr. But a man--he can learn to cook or starve for all I care.

When the Taliban controlled Afghanistan they blew up sculptures of Buddha which predated Islam by perhaps 500 years. Purported Christians in Ireland destroyed a statue of Mananan mac Lir an ancient sea god associated with Ireland and other of the small island around Britain. Good red blooded Americans harassed a woman who had a license plate with a reference to Isis which happened to be her daughter's name and the only advice given her: change your daughter's name. Now this. Is it just me, or are people going insane all over?

Looks like Black Friday over here. It was a massive sale on Nutella that drove French consumers into a frenzy. I can't think of a product on the market which would lead me to be involved in anything like this. They aren't starving. They could do without of make do with something else. Can someone tell me why we see scenes like this? The psychology totally eludes me. This article tries to explain but I loved a lot of things as a child but don't go apes***t over them as an adult. I don't know what Macron had to say; my French isn't up to translating.

No comments: