Wednesday, January 24, 2018

We had a slushy, wet snow yesterday but not more than an inch I think. It won't be around much longer if that warming spell over tomorrow and the two days after comes about. I told mom that our weather is so cockeyed don't know how to dress--layered sweats with turtlenecks one day followed by jeans and flannel shirts the next, heavy coat one day and heavy sweater the next. Twenty years ago I used to change out my closets twice a year moving the heavy clothing into storage boxes and the light clothes out in the spring and the reverse in the fall. I haven't done that for the last 15 or so because I can't be sure when I will need what.

I just found Le Guin's No Time To Spare, a collection of her blog posts, and thoroughly enjoyed it as I have enjoyed the several of her books. Not long ago I also found The Ones Who Walk Away From Omelos which left me sad, angry, and thoughtful--not a bad combination. She has now "walked on" at 88. I prefer that expression which I read in obituaries on some posts at Native Americans' sites. Or as Gandalf said in the (movie) Return of the King: death is just another journey we all must take. I will miss her. HecateDemeter ha a nice tribute today.

No comments: