Friday, January 5, 2018

Still cold this morning with the high today only in the low teens but the weather people are predicting a "heatwave" with 30s and even 40s next week. One of my two seed orders shipped Wednesday so it should arrive today or tomorrow. The other should be shipped in two parts because the bare root strawberries won't be shipped until late April or early May.

Found this little piece of satire brightened my morning.

Nimue Brown has another good post criticizing the so-called "work ethic" we have jammed down our throats from the time we are born until we croak from exhaustion, or from a heart attack or stroke from years of exhaustion.

Finally!! got the doilies starched and stretched. I have been telling myself to do that for the last week or so--since I finished the last on. The new one is about 1/3 done. I am already thinking I would like to do an oval next. I will have to look for an appealing pattern.

No comments: