Monday, March 11, 2013

Good Sunday to you all.  For me it is marginally better.  The cold is still dragging me down.  I am so thankful that I don't have to go out.  I remember all too well the times I had to go to work no matter how I felt because I couldn't afford to lose the pay and had no sick days.  Isn't it wonderful how our economy works--you get to choose between not being able to pay your bills or doing a marginal job while infecting everyone you come in contact but not losing the money you need to live.  I shudder to think how many co-workers caught colds from me shortly after I caught my cold from one of them.

*********************************************************************************

Definitely better today (Monday) than recently.  I am actually contemplating doing a couple of chores today after nearly a week of doing nothing except sleeping, grumbling and hacking.  Mom is recovering steadily also.  Let's see what I find on the 'net.

What does this story and this one have in common?  They are both tales of crime in which the perpetrators get off without penalty and the victims are victims twice over: first by the banks (or their representatives) and then again by the (anti)-legal system.

No comments: