Saturday, March 9, 2013

I would say 'Good Morning' but I am not at all sure that is a good description.  I hope your Saturday is shaping up well.  We had a bad night with colds last night after a deceptive day when we were lulled into the notion that we were getting off more easily this time.  I guess we should still consider ourselves lucky.  It has been a couple of years since the last bout.  I had intended to get some seedlings transplanted but I simply don't have the energy.

Every now and then I find an article that confirms suspicions I have entertained with increasing frequency over the last few years.  Even if we have had infrequent and short interruptions in various electrical services we have seen accounts of more frequent and longer disruptions in surrounding areas. And we know the bills have gotten bigger over that same time.  Worse, the statistics don't include the outages due to the various storms, like Sandy, that have left millions without power for weeks at a time.

This is good.  I just wish that labeling were mandatory by law and not dependent on a single store's (or any number of stores') individual policies.  I don't know whether there is anything dangerous about GMOs but I do know I don't trust Monsanto, et al., and I want the information to make a choice about what I eat.

No comments: