Monday, June 8, 2015

Sunday--

We are expecting nasty weather today.  I hope it won't be as bad as the weather people think it might be.  Please, Please, Please--no hail.  But I think I will take the tumbler tomatoes off the fence and put them on the patio till the storms (two of them) pass by.  On the bright side--if the systems produce the rain expected I won't have to water for a couple of days.  We are starting to enjoy the proceeds of the gardens.  I harvested some of the mustard greens and mizuno for our salads yesterday.

"--now he has a mind of metal and gears and he cares not for growing thing."  Saruman isn't the only one.

Monday--

Well, the weather was nearly as bad as expected.  Thankfully, no hail.  But a number of my plants are quite bedraggled and the rain pounded down two of my tomatoes.  I don't think they are broken and I may be able to straighten them and gently stake them.  I am very glad I took the tumblers off the fence.  I may have to wait till tomorrow when things, I hope, will have dried out.  A couple of days ago I took the second cutting from my peppermints and spearmints, and clipped back the lemon verbena to encourage branching.  I managed to collect three trays of spearmint and one each of the lemon verbena and peppermint.  All are dried, chopped and in jars on the shelf.  Looking at my strawberries I think I can start clipping leaves to dry for tea.

Truthout has a fantastic and humorous piece about the pathetic Republican field of contenders for that party's nomination.  Mom says we ought to watch the debates because they will be the best comedy around--when we aren't wishing we had a brick that would magically go through the TV and hit the ass mouthing inanities on the other end.

No comments: