Wednesday, June 10, 2015

Tuesday--

Supposed to be sunny and warm today.  Good--I want the gardens to dry out a bit.  I put the tumbler tomatoes back on the fence only to take them down as a new round of thunderstorms rolled through with high winds.  Luckily we didn't get the hail some areas reported.  We will stop at the garden shop during our shopping today so I can pick up replacements for the sweet potatoes that didn't make it along with a couple of other items.

Wednesday--

I am still getting some things straightened up from the weekend storms and I have the new plants to get in.  We found another of the hanging pocket-gardens and the replacement sweet potatoes as well as a chocolate mint.  Got the salad fixings for today's dinner at the farmer's market.  I did get a few things done after all our shopping but didn't have much energy left for links or comments.

Those of you who have visited regularly over the years know that we have slowly changed out diets and how we eat.  We have eliminated most of the prepared foods, most of the canned foods, and haven't had a coke (we never did like Pepsi much) in the house for years.  I was surprised at how many of the companies and food brands listed in this article we no longer use, or use very sparingly.

No comments: