Friday, June 19, 2015

Thursday--

Foggy this morning with spates of rain expected throughout the day.  I found a blossom open on the cupcake squash but I need bees to pollinate it and I haven't seen any so far this year.  I put the mason bee house up but no bees yet.  I wonder how long it will take them to find it.

An interesting post on the Contrary Farmer.  Most of us would say that modern, conventional farmers are better off, more efficient and more prosperous than old fashioned Amish farmers.  As usual we really do need to define our terms more carefully.

Sovereign Man has a post which reflects my mood, or where my mood has been going for the last several election cycles.  Another blogger began his post with "A choice of the lesser of two evils is no choice at all."  I don't see any real choice among any of the candidates.

Friday--

We didn't get the rain predicted yesterday so I did get a few little chores in the gardens.  Spread some fertilizer in the large tomatoes and the cucumbers.  We should have clear and warm weather today so I will harvest some of my herbs and check out a couple of sickly tomatoes.  We had to make a quick trip to the grocery store and we passed some other potted tomatoes with similar problems so our screwy weather may be at fault.  I moved a rosemary, Red Robin tomato, and the inside lavender, which has somewhat revived, to the new grow light system just to see how they will do.

No comments: