Monday, June 27, 2016

Sunday--

Well, I was planning to harvest some herbs after I finished watering everything and exterminating Japanese beetles but I saw dark clouds moving in and decided to leave the herbs for tomorrow. Good thing because we have a monsoon rain outside now not ten minutes after I came in. I hope I can get ahead of the beetles before they become more than minor pests. I have drowned about 25 between yesterday and today and stomped two more that fell on the cement. They seem to like a couple of the calibrachoa and black velvet petunias. I haven't found any sign on the nearby strawberries.

Monday--

Good morning on this first day of the last week of the first half of the year. As awkward as that sounds what it amounts to is an OMG this year is half over. We expect another hot day so I will do the minimum in the gardens. The rest of the week is expected to be much cooler so I will harvest herbs and do what ever else should be done then

Tom Englehardt put up this post by John Feffer that I think is right on the money explaining why we are seeing the rise of Euro-skeptic/nationalist movements (which culminated but might not end with Brexit) and the rise of Donald Trump, and why this year's election is not (contrary to the fevered vocalizations of some political pundits) the most important election of our lives. The next one (or two) might be real doozies.

No comments: