Wednesday, June 1, 2016

Welcome to June

I just had to clear my in-box of more than 70 advertising e-mails. I am totally irritated. I have to wonder how often I have to designate some of that trash as spam before my filters catch up. Let's see if I can get a pleasant mood back.

One nice thing to contemplate: we saw our first hummingbird yesterday. I had a suspicion that they were back because the level of the food in their feeders was lower by a bit but we hadn't seen them yet. The one we spied also checked out the calibrachocha. Those also attract bees and butterflies. I have put that plant on my seed order list for next season.

Damn!!! Lost another of my favorite bloggers. Gene Logsdon, the Contrary Farmer, died yesterday. He had a quirky sense of humor and covered a number of odd topics on farming and the relationship of farming to our society. I thoroughly enjoyed his account of his battle with cancer (Gene Everlasting). I am sorry to read that he ultimately lost that fight.

No comments: