Friday, April 29, 2011

Good morning to you all. We have sun early this morning for the first time in a long time. And the weather is supposed to be sunnier and drier over the next week. I was a bit worried about my tomato and pepper seedlings because the temperatures over night were forecast to range from the high to the low 30s. But they are all under the plastic tents and they look good so far. I think I will finally get to work the soil in the containers today and over the weekend. I have a number of seedlings that need to be transplanted.

I stopped by the local Menards yesterday just to see what they had. Not much of interest yet. Not surprising considering how cold this spring has been. I expect they will be fully stocked in about two weeks when the gardening season really takes off here. By then I will be in the market for plants to fill out what either hasn't thrived or that I didn't start myself.

Anyone who has read more than a few of my musings over the last couple of years knows I have become a confirmed skeptic on the value of most, maybe 99%, of higher education. Stories like this one confirms my evaluation of the whole scam that is not only college and university education but the way we finance it. I found that story by way of this one and the author makes several excellent points. I love his assessment that a well trained cat can pass most college courses today.

In a spring that has been marked by really weird weather following by an equally weird winter producing yet another 50+ inch snow season, here is a capper.

No comments: