Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Good morning, everyone. Well, the weather people have moderated the forecast a bit. After Wednesday and Thursday we should only get into the mid-80s. I managed to get everything watered and a couple of the vines trained and trimmed. Friday and Saturday I should be able to get a bit more done. The spearmint and ginger mint are going wild. I have to harvest them and the stevia. While the heat is on I am getting some cleaning done inside.

I agree, Kay. I think the News of the World scandal has just scratched the surface. I see a corporation with a thoroughly corrupt culture. And of course the leaders of the company are claiming 'plausible deniability.' This mess is yet another example of a big hole in our legal system. Corporations are legal persons but are not held accountable as flesh-and-blood individuals are. Instead, a few of the corporate officers are (sometimes, rarely) held accountable but that rarely reforms the corrupt culture of the company itself.

Technology is wonderful--until it isn't.

1 comment:

Kay Dennison said...

I'm just crabby about the whole damned mess. I am becoming more and more upset at the GOPs antics on the debt ceiling mess. That I may not be be able to pay my bills next month will have really nasty consequences and it's making me ill.