Sunday, July 10, 2011

Good morning to you all on this Sunday morning. We are expecting temperatures in the low 90s and it is already 80+ on the patio--in the shade. Our air conditioning thermostat is set at 80 and only comes on when the temp gets near 81. It just went on--at 8:15 am. I did get everything watered well this morning and brought in the three ripe cherry tomatoes and a couple of heads of lettuce for supper today. I see a lot more cherry tomatoes coming up but for now we will supplement with the red slicers. I also got the cover off the greenhouse. I was a bit worried about how soft it was getting in the heat and how it was sticking to the metal supports. Besides I don't need to concentrate heat this time of the year. Like anything else figuring out how best to use the greenhouse is going to take time. The blasted Colorado potato beetles are back so I am doing some internet research on how to deal with them. Evidently using my mild insecticide may just create a resistant bunch--especially since that is what I used last summer. They seem to have a taste for lemon balm.


No comments: