Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Good morning, All.  We should have some sun, temps near 70, and perhaps some rain today.  Time to do more than think about needlework as the garden in now on autopilot till spring.  I did some cross-stitch Sunday on a small table cloth that has languished since April.  It is about half done.  However, for now, let's see what I find on my daily trip through the internet.

Gary Weiss posted this opinion piece that expresses a number of thoughts that have been in my mind of late, both on Obama generally and on the new mortgage refinancing initiative just announced.  My long deceased ex-husband used to yell at dithering drivers 'do something even if its wrong.'  Unfortunately, after a pattern of ineffective, half-hearted and limited initiatives, we are so used to the programs doing so much less than advertised we are more than a little unimpressed with new ones.  I don't know how many stories I have read over the last months of underwater homeowners seeking to refinance who were told by their banks that they couldn't even talk refinancing until they were delinquent in their payments.  The new program won't even touch them.  The homeowners who are current will have to have an immaculate credit rating.  How many will be able to qualify?  I agree with Weiss--few to none (i.e., bupkiss).  I will probably wind up voting for Obama next time.  Not because I WANT to.  Rather because none of the brainless, soulless, and heartless Repthuglicans have presented me with any reason to vote for them.  And I won't sit it out or vote for a third party candidate because I really, really, really don't any one of those idiots in the White House.

2 comments:

Kay Dennison said...

Amen and hallelujah!!! You may recall that I didn't want to vote for Obama in '08 and didn't decide until late in the game.

I am so tired of voting for the lesser of two evils, I could scream.

Looking to the Stars said...

I'm with you and Kay :)

Suppose to get snow tonite. Its a grey afternoon here and the boys are bummed.

take care