Saturday, April 6, 2013

Good day to you all.  The skies are overcast and we should get rain.  However, the temperatures are now in the high 30s and we should see a 60+.  That will be nice.  The forecast even projected three 60s in a row.  My goodness.  All of my containers are now free of ice.  It won't be long and I will be able to start working the soil.  We got four new 30 gal totes to replace the worst of the old ones.  But until the soil is thoroughly thawed and drained I can't change them out.

Just had a couple of very nice encounters with seed companies I usually deal with.  Schumway sent an e-mail to say they had shipped the pineapple sage seeds that had been on back order.  And Burpee sent an e-mail telling me the supplier of the grow light system I purchased is sending a replacement for the defective bulb that came with the fixture.  I have never had a bad experience with the seed companies.  All I have yet to receive from the spring orders in the purple hibiscus plant and I expect it will come sometime between now and end of May since the usual last frost date for this area is May 15.  Just in time to set in the gardens.  The little cranberry plant is doing well and has shown some new growth as has my bay and Christmas cactus.  Just dug around in a few of  my containers.  Centers are still frozen.

Found these remarks from Bill Moyers by way of Crooks & Liars.  I think it is right on the money.

No comments: