Sunday, May 5, 2013

Happy Cinco de Mayo and I hope you all are having a good Sunday.  Ours has started off sunny with temperatures predicted to be in the low 70s.  I have some more gardening planned for today.  The tomatoes I transplanted on Friday are all doing well.  I took the caps off during the day yesterday but they go back for overnight.  I have several starts upstairs that I have to put into larger pots and get into the greenhouse.

I did nothing but sit around and play on my computer yesterday.  And as you can see I didn't see much to comment on either.  Let's see if today is any different.

Most of what I have to say about this story is thoroughly unprintable.  Unfortunately, that kind of over-the-top reaction by authorities has become all too common in our (former) 'land of the free.'

I heard this on the nightly news yesterday in a very brief announcement.  After 40 years it is about time the FDA asks if triclosan is safe and effective.  We began to eliminate what products contain it a couple of years ago when we first heard it might be harmful.  We have long had our suspicions about the necessity of anti-bacterial everything and thought plain old fashioned soap (without antibacterial agents) and water was good enough.

No comments: