Monday, March 9, 2015

Saturday--

The warm up begins.  Yesterday at this time we were at -2; today the temp stands at 30.  We hope for a full week of 40s and 50s.  If so we should lose a who lot of that snow.

I love stories about unusual or forgotten but potentially useful plants.  Here is one about the "potato bean" or American groundnut.  I have put it on my list of plants to think about for the future.

Sunday--

I actually saw some grass this morning--in the middle of the yard space not just on the edges by pavement.  The weather people say we got up to 42 yesterday.  I can't wait for all that snow to go away.

Monday--

We have been busy with a major de-cluttering.  That means I don't have as much time for reading and commenting.  We will be continuing that today.  We are always amazed by how much we have held on to which we no longer use or which no longer suit how we do things.

Interesting and beautiful.

Grist makes the point I have made before:  The so-called sharing economy of Uber, Lyft, and Airbnb is bull.

No comments: