Friday, June 30, 2017

We had some severe rain last night. It is only now getting light enough to see and most of the plants look like they survived well. Some look a bit bedraggled but no serious damage visible.

For a bit of a laugh check out this piece. And not a one of the "terrorists" mentioned was Muslim.

I tied up a couple of drooping cucumber vines. They should find the trellis more easily now. I cut peppermint, spearmint, and chives which are drying now except for the clump of chives I reserved for mom to put into the pasta and ham salad for today's (and probably tomorrow's) dinner. I also trimmed excess leaves off of the tomatoes and the Patio Baby eggplants. Now I can better see the developing tomato and eggplant fruits. We are going to have to fine some new ways to cook up the eggplant if they yield fruit as well as they are flowering.

Interesting notion but I fear #45 might break our bank. We are on a slender fixed income barely above the poverty line.

No comments: